- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Strategic Planning
Timothy is an affiliate faculty of practice member of the Management Department. He teaches organizational strategy, entrepreneurship, and organizational development at Grand Valley State University to both undergraduate and graduate students. He also has over 25 years business experience in key strategic roles at Timex Watch Company, Haworth, Royal Consumer Business Products, Sherwin Williams, Roadway Express Trucking Company, and Johnson Controls. As a business consultant, he has assisted numerous profit and non-profit organizations with the facilitation of strategic analysis and planning activities. Companies have included large consumer products and business-to-business corporations as well as small to medium-sized manufacturing organizations. His research interests include entrepreneurship, organizational change, and strategy formulation and implementation
- PH.D., Organizational Leadership, Capella University. (2005).
- MBA, Strategic Business Planning & Marketing, Strategic Planning, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Lally School of Business. (1989).
- BS, Marketing & Management, Oklahoma State University. (1982).
- Strategic Analysis & Strategy
- Organizational Development
- Syfert, T. & Moroney, J. (2017). Educating Future Entrepreneurs. In A. Modak & M. Madan (Eds.), Midwest DSI Annual Conference Proceedings. Paper presented at The Midwest DSI Conference, Grand Rapids, 7-8 April (pp. 289-293).
- Syfert, T. (2013). The Entrepreneurial Mindset (Winter 2013 ed., vol. 5, pp. 16-17). Grand Rapids, MI: NEU/Center for Entrepreneurship GVSU.
- Knoll, M., Syfert, T. (2012). Fat-free data consumption begins with an "information diet" (pp. 1). Grand Rapids, MI: Grand Rapids Business Journal.
- Grand Rapids Public Museum, appointed, (January 2014 - Present).
- TCU Values and Ventures Competition, (September 1, 2012 - Present).
- Design Thinking Campus-Wide Initiative, appointed, (November 14, 2014 - Present).