- School of Accounting
Michael Yuhas is a professor of accounting and taxation in the Grand Valley State University Seidman School of Business teaching the following areas of federal taxation: individual income taxation, sales and exchanges, income taxation of trusts and estates and federal estate and gift taxation. He teaches in the undergraduate accounting program and the Masters of Science in Taxation Program. He received a B.A. in government from the University of Notre Dame, a J.D. in law from Indiana Law School - Indianapolis, an LL.M. degree in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center, and an LL.M. degree in estate planning from the University of Miami Law School. He has twice been the recipient of the Seidman School of Business Outstanding Teaching Award and has also been the recipient of the Seidman School of Business Research Award and the Outstanding Accounting Faculty Award. He has been a contributing author of over fifty articles published in professional federal tax journals including Journal of Taxation, Taxes- The Tax Magazine, Journal of Passthrough Entities, Journal of S Corporation Taxation, Journal of Partnership Taxation, Real Estate Law Journal, Taxation for Accountants, Tax Management Real Estate Journal, Taxation for Lawyers,, The National Public Accountant, The Real Estate Review, Real Estate Accounting and Taxation, Journal of Real Estate Taxation, Journal of Small Business Taxation, Journal of Property Management, The Journal of Taxation of Individuals, The Practical Accountant, Journal of Accountancy, and The Tax Executive. Several of his articles have either been cited or reprinted in legal treatises. Mike has been a speaker to professional organizations on various federal tax issues. He will be a speaker at the Notre Dame Tax and Estate Planning Institute.
- LLM, Federal Estate and Gift Taxation, University of Miami Law School. (1993).
- LLM, Federal Income Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center. (1980).
- JD, Law, Indiana University School of Law. (1976).
- BS, Political Science/Government, English, Theology, and Philosophy, University of Notre Dame. (1970).
- Income Taxation
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- Fiduciary Income Tax
- Yuhas, M., Radom, C. (in press). Income In Respect of a Decedent: The Tables Have Turned. To appear in Estate Planning.
- Yuhas, M., Radom, C. (2012). Income Tax Deferral Using Existing Buyout Agreements Upon the Retirement of a Principal Owner -Part 1. Estate Planning, 39(6), 9 pages.
- Yuhas, M., Radom, C. (2012). Income Tax Deferral Using Existing Buyout Agreements Upon the Retirement of a Principal Owner Part 2. Estate Planning, 39(5), 10 pages.
- Department, MST ADVISORY BOARD, Member.
- University, Faculty Salary and Budget Committee, Committee Member, Hours, appointed. (September 2012 - Present).
- College, Journal Ranking Committee, Member, appointed. (September 2011 - Present).