The process to waitlist a course is very similar to the registration process. Once you log into myBanner, navigate to Student Registration Self Service and search for classes. If you find a full section you would like to register for, you will need to go through the waitlist process.
- Select Add to move the course into the Summary panel with the status “pending”. To waitlist the class, under Action, select Waitlisted and click Submit.
- You can view the waitlisted course on the Schedule and/or Schedule Details panel. This is also where you will be able to view your position on the waitlist.
- If a spot on the waitlist opens and you are the next in line, you will receive an email at your GVSU student email notifying you to register.
- You must register for the class within 36 hours of receiving the email notification. If you miss the 36 hour window, you will be automatically dropped from the waitlist.
- Once you register for the class, it will appear on your schedule.