Teacher and Administrator Certification

Please note: All students seeking State certification will need to complete a criminal history self-report before GVSU can recommend the candidate to the Michigan Department of Education for their Teacher or Administrator certification.  Please contact the Certification Officer with questions: Lucas Treadwell – treadwe1@gvsu.edu or (616) 331-6211

The College of Education’s Certification page contains information regarding initial Teacher Certification, Administrator Certification, and Certification Renewal requirements: https://www.gvsu.edu/coe/apply-for-certification-208.htm.

Candidates must apply online directly through the Michigan Department of Education’s Website, MOECS: https://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-5683_57223---,00.html

Page last modified March 17, 2021