Creating your own design
Here are some handy links and guides if you choose to create your own design.
Student Org logos
Registered Student Organizations can create their own logo and use it freely. There isn't an approval process for logo designs you create.
GV Athletics logo
You CANNOT include the Athletics logo in your design (unless you have special permission).
You can go by Campus Posting Approval Guidelines when you're thinking about what to include in your design. These things are required on posters that are being posted around campus, and it's a good idea to include them on all your promotions.
- Name of event, date, time, location (if poster is for an event).
- Name of organization or department.
- Contact information - Can be a phone number, email address, website, or social media handle. Note: QR codes do not count as contact info.
File specs & sizes
Includes banners, posters, pluggers, and digital slides.
- Making sure your files are the right size and format speeds up the printing process and ensures high-quality finished pieces.
- Some files will have a .25" white margin around the edge since we can't print to the edge of the page.
- We very rarely need trims and bleeds added to designs.
Setting up your file & exporting it for print
Depending on what program you're using to create your file, there are different ways to set up and export it. Here are some PDF guides that will walk you through how to save your file.
PDFs are always best, except we prefer PNGs for digital slides.