MHA - Prospective Student Resources
Considering a Master in Health Administration?
MHA vs MPH and Differences Between from Careers in Public Health.net
Why CAHME is important to Grow You Career from CAHME
5 Reasons Hybrid Learning Might Be Right For You from Northeastern University
Top 11 Jobs for a Master's Degree in Health Care Administration from Indeed Editorial Team
Why come to study in Grand Rapids, Michigan?
- Experience Grand Rapids
- 11th Most Affordable Place to Live in the U.S., 2022-2023 (U.S. News & World Report)
- 10th Largest Health Care Hub in U.S., 2021 (Business Facilities)
- 18th Best Place to Live for Quality of Life in the U.S., 2022-2023 (U.S. News & World Report)
- 33rd Best City to Start a Career, 2022 (WalletHub)
- 45th Best City for Young Professionals in America, 2022 (Niche)
Materials required to complete your graduate application
- Transcripts (if not from GVSU)
- Three recommendations from academic and/or professional sources
- Essay/personal statement specific to why you are interested in the MHA program
- GRE scores are NOT required
We seek applicants with at least an undergraduate 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university. Alternatively, submitting strong GRE scores, having evidence of progressively responsible professional work experience, holding a graduate degree or certificate, or having successfully completed graduate course work as a non-degree seeking student or in another program may be considered as evidence of academic potential.
You can apply anytime, but at least two months before your intended start date. Applications submitted later may be considered on the basis of remaining program capacity.
International students are welcome. Please see special International Graduate Admissions Requirements.
The application review process
We will review your application once it is complete. You should receive our admission decision within two weeks. Longer review times may occur at certain times of the year due to holidays, vacations, or high volume of applications.
We are looking for evidence that an applicant will be successful if admitted into the MHA program. This evidence can take several forms. Furthermore, the admissions committee considers each applicant as a whole student. No decision is based solely on any single factor.
For the last three years, from Fall 2019 through Winter 2022, our admission rate was 93%.
Enrolling in courses
Once you receive your acceptance letter, you should make an appointment to see your advisor and create a plan of study. At Grand Valley, you can register for the full academic year. Current students are assigned an advanced registration date in the spring.
- You can find your advisor in your MHA acceptance letter or by logging into myBanner.
- You can register for classes online or in person at a Student Assistance Center in DeVos Center.
You should plan to attend a New Graduate Student Orientation.