Minor in Nonprofit Administration
The 21-credit minor in nonprofit management provides students with knowledge and skills useful in the variety of work done by the nonprofit sector.
The nonprofit sector includes thousands of large and small organizations, many faith-based, which employ over 14 million people working in various capacities, including event planning, grant writing, fundraising, budgeting, public relations, volunteer management, program evaluation, project management, and marketing. A minor in Nonprofit Administration can prepare you to apply knowledge gained from a major to the context of nonprofit organizations. This is an opportunity to simultaneously make a living and improve the world.
- Governing Magazine: Are Nonprofits the New Go-To Choice for Altruistic Jobseekers?
- The Case Foundation: The Pros and Cons of Working in the Nonprofit Sector
- US News Money: Thinking About a Nonprofit Job? Here's What You Should Know
Would you like to have a conversation about this minor?
Please schedule an appointment with Breeann Gorham
- Program coordinator: Quincy Williams
- Academic advisor: Breeann Gorham
- Career Center contact: Grace Pushman
- Library liaison: Ashley Rosener
- Internship coordinator: Quincy Williams
- CMF Job Bank (Michigan)
- Lumity NPO.net (Chicago area)
- MNA Nonprofit Job Center (Michigan)
- Philanthropy News Digest
- Work for Good
- More nonprofit job boards
Some recent graduates
Katherine DeRemer combined this minor with her Anthropology major. She is now an Underwriter for United Wholesale Mortgage.
Dominique Thurmond combined this minor with her International Relations major. She is now a Nonprofit Fellow with Philadelphia Legal Assistance.
Kortney Ondayko combined this minor with her Women and Gender Studies major. She is now an Evaluation Assistant at Starfish Family Services in Chicago.
Nikolaus Schroeder combined this minor with his Music major. He is now Composition Program Director at Triumph Music Academy.
Heather Andree combined this minor with her dual majors of Psychology and Sociology. She is now a Support Coordinator at D.A. Blodgett - St. John's.
Delaney Faught combined this minor with her Communication Studies major. She is now a Development Assistant at Kids Food Basket.