Graduate Degree-seeking Student Application Procedure
Students who meet the following university requirements and the additional requirements of their chosen program will be granted degree-seeking status:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed graduate application for admission, or printing, filling out, and mailing our graduate paper application
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended which have granted a baccalaureate degree to the applicant. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions and Recruitment Office.
- NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley.
- General eligibility requirements for federal aid require a valid Social Security Number. To assist with your financial aid processing, please complete this field on the application.
- Scores from either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) by students whose native language is not English. Beginning with the Fall 2017 semester the following GVSU Graduate Programs will accept successful completion of ELS 112 as demonstration of English language proficiency:
- Computer Information Systems
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Additional application requirements and application procedures are listed under each graduate degree program