Closed Class Permit/Permit Override Process

In order to request a closed class permit or a course permit override, you must get permission from the instructor and approval from the department. This can be done one of two ways:

1. Fill out closed class permit form and request signature approval directly from your instructor. (Closed class permit forms are available on this website or can be obtained at the Philosophy Department main office located at B3-105 MAK.) Bring the filled out request form to the main Philosophy Department office for department review. The form can accessed on this webpage, picked up in hard copy at the Philosophy Department main office or requested via email attachment at: 


2. Go online Banner and request a permit and wait for the email prompt which contains directions on what you will need to do.

If the permit override is approved by the department, you will receive an email at your GVSU email address, prompting you to go ahead and register for the class. 

If you have any questions regarding the permit process, contact the Philosophy Department at this email address:

Student Closed Class Permit

Page last modified January 25, 2018