American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) student chapter at Grand
Valley State University. Together, we strive to expand the choral
curriculum beyond the classroom and provide practical experience for
students as conductors and choral educators. The purposes of this
organization shall be those as set forth in the National Constitution
of the American Choral Directors Association, and are state as follows:
1. To foster and promote choral singing which will provide artistic
and spirited experiences for the participants.
2. To foster and promote the finest types of choral music to make
these experiences possible.
3. To foster and encourage rehearsal procedures conducive to
attaining the highest level possible in musicianship and artistic performance.
4. To foster and promote the organization and development of choral
groups of all types in schools, colleges, and churches.
5. To foster and promote the organization and development of choral
societies in cities and communities.
6. To foster and promote the intelligent understanding of choral
music as an important medium of artistic expression.
7. To foster and promote significant research in the field of choral music.
8. To foster and promote composition of superior quality in both
music and text for all choral combinations.
9. To cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development
of musical culture in America.
10. To disseminate professional news and information about choral music.