Thomas J. and Marcia J. Haas Center for Performing Arts


thomas j and marcia j haas

Thomas and Marcia Haas

The Thomas J. and Marcis J. Haas Center for Performing Arts (HCPA) is located on the Allendale, MI campus of Grand Valley State University. Originally built in 1971, the building was known as the Performing Arts Center until 2017, when it was dedicated in honor of GVSU President Emeritus Thomas J. Haas, and his wife, Marcia J. Haas. The building houses the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance.

The building underwent a major renovation in 2017, which included a two-story, 47,000-square-foot, $20-million addition. The addition includes the Linn Maxwell Keller Black Box Theatre, an expanded theater costume shop, additional prop storage, new dressing rooms, two theater classrooms for costume design and fabrication, four music ensemble rooms and additional rehearsal spaces.

Below you can find photos and descriptions of the Haas Center interior, as well as a map of where the Center is located on our campus.



Performance Spaces

Dance Studio Theatre (1600)

dance studio 1600 picture
dance studio 1600 picture
dance studio 1600 picture

Linn Maxwell Keller Black Box Theatre

keller black box emtpy
keller black box photo
imaginary invalid in keller black box photo

Louis Armstrong Theatre

louis armstrong theatre picture
louis armstrong shakespeare festival
LAT Dance concert

Sherman van Solkema Recital Hall

svs from aisle
svs from stage
svs dr cho


Page last modified September 14, 2022