ALUMNI HOUSE & VISITOR CENTER
This policy section is taken from the GVSU Drug and Alcohol Policy and is regulated by the
Michigan Liquor Control Commission:
• All alcoholic beverages must be provided by Grand Valley State University, which is required to purchase alcohol from authorized and licensed distributors.
• No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Alumni House & Visitor Center or surrounding grounds other than those offered by GVSU.
• Alcoholic beverage service is licensed only for the Perry Dining Room, Patio and the Emeritus Study. Alcoholic beverages may be consumed only in these approved areas.
• Alcoholic beverage service is available for scheduled events only with specific invitation for invited guests of the function. Service is not open to the public.
• Alcoholic beverages, whole or in part, may not be removed from the Alumni House and Visitor Center grounds.
• Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold or furnished to a person unless the person has attained 21 years of age. Proper picture identification is required.
• Grand Valley State University reserves the right to withhold alcoholic beverage service to any individual or group.
• Alcoholic beverage service must end by 10:30pm.
• Michigan Sales tax of 6% will be charged for all alcoholic beverages.
• Designated driver programs are encouraged.
Food and beverage services are subject to a 6% Michigan State Sales Tax and 20% service charge. All Prices are subject to change without notice.