Planning a Visit
Special Collections and University Archives is located on the Allendale campus inside Seidman House. Our collections are housed in secure stack areas where environmental conditions are carefully monitored to ensure a stable temperature and humidity within ranges appropriate for the preservation of special materials. Accordingly, materials do not circulate outside the library. Procedures for use are designed to assure proper handling of materials consistent with the library's commitment to preserving its collections for future generations.
To request an on-site research appointment, please contact email@example.com
Directions and Parking
Seidman House is located on the Allendale Campus, just east of Lake Superior Hall in the Great Lakes Academic Buildings Plaza.
Parking is available to visitors in Lot M, just south of Seidman House. All visitors are required to have a temporary permit to park in any non-metered parking area. Permits are available at no cost from Parking Services.
Access to Services
- The front entrance is wheelchair accessible and equipped with an automatic door opener.
- Our Reading Room is wheelchair accessible.
- A wheelchair accessible drinking fountain is located near the Study Lounge.
- A gender-inclusive and wheelchair accessible restroom is available near the Study Lounge.
- A nursing room is located in 1204 James H. Zumberge Hall across the plaza or in Room 016 on the Mary Idema Pew Library's atrium level.
If you have questions about accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Collections and University Archives offers general assistance in person, by phone, and by email. Contact email@example.com with reference questions if you are unable to visit in person. Please be aware that remote reference requests may take more time to fulfill. Digitization requests may be limited by available staffing resources, item fragility, or other constraints.