Want to learn more about your own community or family history? Get experience working with diverse communities in Western Michigan? Gain valuable research and professional skills and build your professional portfolio? The Kutsche Office of Local History offers many learning opportunities for GVSU students throughout the year including:
- Short-term volunteer and service-learning experiences
- Support for student research
- Research assistantships and internships
- Workshops/training sessions on digital historic preservation, oral history, and qualitative research methods
- Publishing opportunities
- Design and curatorial opportunities
To get involved and/or apply for one of our current workshops or internship opportunities, please check our list of open opportunities and upcoming events. Don't see something that fits your needs or interest? Please give us a call, send us an email, or drop by our office.