Training leaders who make a positive difference in their lives, careers, communities, and the world.
As a student you invest a lot in your education. We are invested in you. Our academic programs prepare students to solve complex problems, be engaged citizens, and develop the skills that are needed by today's employers.
See what we can achieve together!
Our programs include:
- Undergraduate degrees in Integrative Studies (BA, BS) and Religious Studies (BA, BS, major and minor)
- Graduate degree in Social Innovation (Professional Master of Arts)
- Certificate in Intercultural Competence
- Badge in Intercultural Competence (available to both degree-seeking and non-degree seeking students)
- Degree completion pathways, including our award-winning Accelerated Leadership Program
This summer GVSU students visited our sister program at the University of Chile at Bío Bío. A partnership with the TRiO Program, students spent three weeks reading the work of Che Guevara and exploring the history and cultures of the southern Patagonia.
Rigorous, Cutting Edge Curriculum
June 07, 2019
A new partnership between GVSU's IRIS and WMU allows students to earn a bachelors and masters degrees in comparative religion in five years.
June 02, 2019
Dr. Marilyn Preston has been awarded a grant from the Michigan Humanities Council to support a collaborative oral history project, focusing on the history of the B'Nai Israel Synagogue.