Fitness Facilities, Classes & Events
Allendale Campus – Rec Center, Pool and Kelly Family Sports Center
- Recreation Center: Faculty and staff can access the Rec Center for FREE with their GVSU ID card. Benefit eligible faculty and staff can get a free membership for their families by filling out a form at the Rec Center front desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GVSU Pool: The GVSU pool is free for faculty and staff, but open lap/swim times are limited. Check the pool open lap/swim hours.
- Kelly Family Sports Center: Also free for faculty and staff to use, the Kelly Family Sports Center is available at limited hours each day. Review the open track and turf hours.
- Athletic and Recreation Facilities: Learn more about GVSU facilities through Athletics.
Area Gym Membership Discounts for Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff Group Fitness
Fall 2021 Group Fitness
August 30 – December 17
A variety of virtual yoga, strength, and cardio-based classes are available via Sprout. The first two weeks are being offered on a free, trial basis. Find the free classes in the Human Resources category under “Group Exercise Trial Week Fall 2021." To sign up for the full-semester classes, search through the “Group Exercise Pass Fall 2021" in the Human Resources category. From there, add the classes you want to your cart to register. Add 3 or more classes to your cart to receive a discount!
Group Fitness Classes Through the Rec
Group Exercise classes are also offered through the Recreation Center and many of these classes are popular with students. Find the full class schedule on the Recreation website. Below is a list of classes/times that are less popular with students, have fewer participants and are offered in-person:
- Mondays at 12pm, Strength Circuit
- Tuesdays at 12pm, Spin + Strength
- Wednesdays at 8am, Spin*
- Wednesdays at 12pm, Strength Circuit
- Thursdays at 12pm, Spin + Strength
- Fridays at 10am Feel Good Flow Yoga*
*The Wednesday 8am Spin class is taught by Deb Rambadt, and the Friday 10am Yoga class is taught by Shannon Kaza.
Virtual, Anytime Options
Strength training, interval and cardio workouts available online via the Human Resources Fitness Playlist on YouTube.