Fitness Facilities, Classes & Resources
Group & Virtual Fitness
RecWell Group Exercise ScheduleVirtual Fitness Playlist (YouTube)
Visit our faculty and staff discounts page for more.
On-Campus Resources & Facilities
Recreation & Wellness
- Recreation & Wellness: Faculty and staff are eligible to participate in various Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) programs, including Fitness Programs and Intramural Sports, and have access to the Climbing Center and Laker Esports Center. Faculty and staff can also visit with a certified Athletic Trainer for free at the Injury Care Clinic.
Athletics & Recreation Facilities
- Athletic and Recreation Facilities: Faculty and staff can access the Recreation Center and other facilities for FREE with their GVSU ID card. Benefit-eligible faculty and staff household members and dependents are also able to access Athletic & Recreation facilities by filling out this online membership activation and renewal option form. While the membership is free for household members and dependents, there is a $20 annual processing fee.
- GVSU Pool: The GVSU pool is free for faculty and staff, but open lap/swim times are limited. Check the pool open lap/swim hours.
- Kelly Family Sports Center: Also free for faculty and staff to use, the Kelly Family Sports Center is available at limited hours each day. Review the open track and turf hours.
Area Gym Membership Discounts for Faculty & Staff
Family Fitness Centers and Fitzone for Women Clubs are offering special corporate membership rates for all Grand Valley State University Faculty, Staff and their immediate family members.
Family Fitness Centers and Fitzone for Women Clubs offer 14 West Michigan Locations as well as 24 keycard access. To learn more about this special membership offer and register for a 30-Day Free Trial Pass simply click the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser to visit their website and register.
- YMCA Online Application (for faculty/staff only)
- GVSU Rates & Employee Perks
- YMCA Payroll Deduction Information
- Membership perks
- Application (for faculty/staff only; print and turn in when signing up for membership)
- Member handbook