LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
2020-2021 Performance Evaluation Plan
Timeline (Non-PSS employees):
- January 8-31: Employees identify goals and job responsibilities and discuss with supervisor.
- February 1: Employee self evaluation opens. Once completed employee will submit to supervisor via the system.
- Employee self-evaluation should be complete by March 19 but can be done earlier. Supervisors can start their feedback evaluation when they receive the submitted evaluation from their employee.
- Supervisor finalizes evaluation, including meeting with employee by April 23rd.
Timeline (PSS employees):
- Supervisor fills out the form, leaving Section D and the signature/date areas blank, by March 19.
- Supervisor prints off a hard copy of the form (with filled out information) and meets with the employee to discuss by April 2.
- Employee being reviewed writes their comments in Section D and signs/dates the form.
- Supervisor signs/dates the form and scans, then emails to GV Performance Management by April 23rd.
2020-2021 Performance Evaluation Transition Year Process
The current electronic Performance Development Program (ePDP) system has various system issues that required us to phase it out and replace it with a new system. For this year 2020-2021, we have created a manual and abbreviated version of the ePDP. This transition year will be more developmental and communicative in structure. You can expect the following changes:
- The transition year evaluation is not as fully automated, but will be more user-friendly than the last few years.
- We are encouraging ongoing, more frequent feedback during this transition year which will create a pattern of open communication that continues.
- This evaluation form is an active document that will be housed in the department and revisited. HR will not receive this evaluation document until the end of the year.
If you have any further question or concerns about the Performance Evaluation Plan, please reach out to GV Performance Management at email@example.com
- Review Performance Evaluation Plan Form.
- Review the How-To Guide for filling out the Performance Evaluation Plan Form.
- Review the rating criteria descriptions.
- Communicate expectations and concerns with your supervisor.
- Begin completing Performance Evaluation Plan Form.
- Keep in mind current conditions and set realistic goals.
- The form may be saved and edited at any time prior to supervisor feedback.
- Beginning February 1st employees will be able to submit their plans to their supervisor for them to provide feedback.
- Log in to Performance Evaluation Dashboard.
- Supervisors may preview employees’ Performance Evaluation Plan at any time.
- Beginning February 1st employee plans will be open for supervisor evaluation. An email will be sent once they have finalized their plan and are ready for feedback.
- Review One-On-One Meetings: Best Practices Guide
- Provide honest feedback and consider current circumstances for realistic goals.
- Review the rating criteria descriptions.
- Be consistent with your evaluation approach
- Provide insightful comments
How can I view my assessments from prior years or a current completed assessment?
Current completed assessments or assessments from prior years (beginning with 2009-2010) can be viewed from the left navigation menu on the DashBoard. History of progress on assessments can only be seen if the assessment was in the Discussion Meeting stage, Finalization stages, or completed when the assessment cycle for that year was closed in the system. If your assessment was in the Annual Planning, Annual Planning Approval, Self Assessment, or Supervisor Assessment stage this means the assessment was not yet shared between staff member and supervisor. Therefore you cannot view the history of that year's assessment progress online.
I didn't finish a prior assessment. Can I see what I did do online?
History of progress on assessments can only be seen if the assessment was in the Discussion Meeting stage, Finalization stages, or completed when the assessment cycle for that year was closed in the system. If your assessment was in the Annual Planning, Annual Planning Approval, Self Assessment, or Supervisor Assessment stage this means the assessment was not yet shared between staff member and supervisor. Therefore you cannot view the history of that year's assessment progress online.
What criteria should I use for the selection of evaluation ratings?
This detailed document on the rating criteria outlines the specifics for each rating selection.
Supervisors (including unit heads) of full-time staff, please join us for monthly roundtable discussions with Natalie Trent, Human Resources Specialist, and a rotating co-host. We will discuss and review various scenarios supervisors might face with employees and other supervisory issues. We will also provide a Q & A opportunity so you can get support in working through questions or concerns. We want to draw from the collective knowledge of our supervisors.
- Please bring your knowledge and experience to share and provide guidance to others.
- This is not a series, attend one, or a few, or all!
- This is not for supervisors of student employees, or just functionally lead/provide direction on work.
Probationary Evaluation Forms
Downloading/Completing a File Digitally *PLEASE READ*
Web browser previews of PDF documents are fillable, but you CANNOT use traditional methods of downloading, if you want any text input to save. Please see information below.
- If You Have Adobe Acrobat: Please open the fillable PDF form by right-clicking on the link and selecting "Open with Adobe Acrobat." Edit and save the file as usual.
- If you DO NOT have Adobe Acrobat: you can still input text in a web browser preview, but there are some key things to know concerning saving the information:
- If opening PDF in Chrome: Fill out form first, and when you are ready to export, hit the print icon in the top right, and choose "Save as PDF" for the printer.
- If opening PDF in Safari: Fill out form first, and when you are ready to export, hit "file," in the top navigation bar and then "Export as PDF."