Dr. D. Robert Adams
Procedural content generation for games
Graduate program director for MS Applied Computer Science
Music (violin, mandolin, guitar, bagpipes)
Dance (contra, ceilidh)
Art (watercolor, pen and ink)
Board games (mainly Eurostyle)
CIS 162 Computer Science I
CIS 163 Computer Science II
CIS 467 Computer Science Project
- Adams, R., NextTune: A computational approach to ordering tunes based on difficulty. Michigan Academician, 2021.
- Reynolds, J., Adams, R., Ferguson, R., Leidig, P. (2017) Programming in the IS Curriculum: Are Requirements Changing for the Right Reason? 2016 Proceedings of the EDSIG Conference. Las Vegas, NV.
- Reynolds, J., Adams, R., Ferguson, R., Leidig, P. (2017) The Personality of a Computing Major: It Makes a Difference. Information Systems Education Journal.
- Adams, R., and Kleiner, C. (2016). Collaboration Support in an International Computer Science Capstone Course. 8th International Conference, SCSM 2016, Held as Part of HCI International 2016, Toronto, ON, Canada, July 17–22, 2016. Proceedings. Social Computing and Social Media Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 313-323. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-39910-2_29
- Pikes, T. and Adams, R. (2016) Computational Nutrition: An Algorithm to Generate a Diet Plan to Meet Specific Nutritional Requirements. E-Health Telecommunication Systems and Networks, 5, 31-38. doi: 10.4236/etsn.2016.52004.
Research with Students
"Book Club Kit Reservation System for Public Libraries and Their Patrons". (2021). Advised: V. Hoang
"A Turn-based strategy game that uses cryptocurrency for in-game purchases". (2021). Advised: T. Nguyen
"A Web App to Teach Web Accessibility". (2020). Advised: D. Newell
"Artificial Intelligence - Modularity with Behavior Trees". (2020). Advised: A. Vuong