LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
CHILDREN'S ENRICHMENT CENTER
To educate and nurture habits of intellectual growth, curiosity, and a love for learning in children, families, and students.
We aspire to empower children to be independent learners through a holistic education that supports emotional, social, and academic growth.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION - We commit to providing inclusive education that is accessible and reflective of our Laker community.
- HOLISTIC CARE AND EDUCATION - We provide quality and responsive education on age-appropriate milestones, healthy living, and environmental awareness.
- COLLABORATION - We build and maintain positive and mutually beneficial relationships with families, community, and University affiliates.
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
We place students at the center of our work, advocate for their well-being, and promote positive and inclusive programs, services, and facilities.
We aspire to partner with students as they discover their purposes and create meaningful lives, careers, and communities.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION - We create socially diverse and just environments, challenge marginalizing policies and practices, and develop our own cultural competence.
- INNOVATION - We are professionally current, use evidence for decisions, and value continuous improvement.
- LEADERSHIP - We are ambitious for our mission, adaptive in our style, and ethical in our decisions.
- EXCELLENCE - We offer high quality experiences, create strong student communities, and promote a balanced work-life environment.
- COLLABORATION - We commit to mutual success, work as a team, and celebrate others' accomplishments.
GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
Educating students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies. The university contributes to the enrichment of society through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service.
At Grand Valley State University, the primary focus is on the success of students. To that end, the principles of liberal education permeate all programs and areas of study. This broad educational perspective provides students with the general knowledge and transferable skills necessary to positively influence their communities, their professions, and the broader world.
Grand Valley State University demonstrates its commitment to providing an inclusive learning environment where all students can explore new directions, find their niches, and develop skills for life and productive careers. The University is known for increasingly innovative and outstanding teaching, recognized scholarship, significant community engagement, and excellent stewardship of its resources. Our University inspires and equips students to be active lifelong learners and global citizens. Grand Valley strives to be a model public university shaping leaders for success.