Outstanding Teacher Award
The College of Education and Community Innovation Outstanding Teacher Award honors an individual who excels at developing students in the classroom, preparing them to be well-rounded and high-quality professionals.
Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty
This award is based on the following criteria, which are not ranked by order of importance or exhaustive:
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and expand on textual material, applying scholarly research to classroom instruction.
- Evidence of being current in the field and the ability to demonstrate the relevancy of course material.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate enthusiasm in the classroom.
- Demonstration of innovation and flexibility, an ability to stimulate intellectual curiosity and challenge students.
- Demonstration of a commitment to student learning as an instructor, role model, or positive influence on the career development of students.
- Reflects on past teaching experience and feedback to improve current practice.
2023 Outstanding Teacher Award Recipient
School of Criminology, Criminal Justice, and Legal Studies