Campus Dining is proud to earn a 3 Star Green Restaurant Certification for the sustainability efforts at Engrained.
Campus Dining is continually increasing its sustainable practices while serving the campus community high quality foods and top-notch customer service. Below is a list of our sustainability initiatives.
Using local vendors is an important sustainability initiative because it requires the use of less fuel to deliver the food to campus.
- Produce: Sysco MI produce line (when available)
- Produce: Gordon Food Service MI
- Arnies Bakery: Grand Rapids, MI
- Fryer Oil: Zoye, Zeeland, MI
- Bread Crumbs: Drakes Batter Mi Co., Marshall, MI
- Ice Cream: Hudsonville Ice Cream, Hudsonville, MI
- Baked Goods: Sandy’s Bakery, Grand Rapids, MI
- Concessions: Kowalski Hot Dogs, Detroit, MI
- Dressings: Chadalee Farms, Lowell, MI
- Vending: Karr’s Nuts, Detroit, MI
- Concessions: Grand Rapids Popcorn
- Dairy: Country Dairy, Cedar Crest Dairy, New Era, MI, Hudsonville, MI
- Engrained uses a variety of local vendors; look for more information on the digital menus inside this restaurant.