How it Works & FAQ
How it Works
The barcode on the back of your student ID is scanned and identifies your account when you make a purchase.
Meals are included in five of the six meal plans. You can use a Meal for all-you-care-to-eat dining at Fresh Food Co. and The Dish and/or to purchase Meal Combos (predetermined meal items) at various locations. One Meal will be subtracted from your account. You can use up to 4 meals per day using a weekly Meal Plan (exception: Unlimited Plan). If you have a semester plan, you can use Meals at your discretion.
All Plans include Dining Dollars to use in Laker Food Co. restaurants, coffee shops and C-Stores. Purchase beverages, snacks, or meals with Dining Dollars. It's like a debit card; each time a purchase is made, the amount is subtracted from your account. You can add Dining Dollars throughout the semester.
- Traditional Style Living Centers* (Copeland, Kistler, Robinson)
- Suite Style Living Centers* (DeVos, Kirkpatrick, Maple, Oak, Pew, Pickard, Pine, Seidman, Stafford, Swanson)
- Cluster Style Living Center* (Holton-Hooker)
*Students in these living areas are required to select a Meal Plan and will automatically receive a 14+ plan as part of their Housing contract.
- Apartment Style Living Centers* (Frey, Hills, Hoobler, Johnson, Ott, North C, Weed)
Students in these living areas may choose any plan except the Express or Casual Plan.
- On-Campus Apartments (Calder Art Residence, Grand Valley Apartments, Laker Village, Murray, Niemeyer East & West, Secchia, South C/D/E, VanSteeland, Winter Hall)
- Off-Campus and Commuter Students
Frequently Asked Questions
GVSU Laker Food Co. Terms & Conditions
All funds and plans purchased for use in GVSU Laker Food Co. are for the personal use of the owner of the account or plan only and are non-transferable.
The Dining Dollar funds and Meal Plans cannot be used as a gift card or gift certificate.
Except as otherwise expressly stated in these terms, all Dining Dollar funds and meal plans are non-refundable and will expire at the earlier of the last day of enrollment or employment, as applicable, or the last day of the current semester.
Meal Plans and Dining Dollar funds are non-refundable. Unused Meal Plans and Dining Dollar balances expire on the last date of enrollment or employment and last day of the Winter Semester.