Alumni in 5
Paul Cook '04
Professor at GVSU
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
After graduating from GVSU in 2004, I earned my PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. I was a researcher at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, and I taught at the University of Mount Union near Akron. In 2013 I found my way back to GVSU as a faculty member in the very department from which I graduated!
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Potluck dinners in Niemeyer Living Center (the original location near Kleiner).
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Work hard, believe in yourself, but know when to ask for help!
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Formative, Enlightening, and Supportive
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
Inspire and enable students to meet their goals. I am lucky enough to be able to do this as part of my career!
Share this spotlight
Return to the listing of alumni in 5.