A lifetime of learning
We're committed to connecting, engaging, and supporting you throughout every stage of your life and career.
This is our commitment to you as a Laker for a Lifetime:
- A Lifetime of Learning
- Alumni Networks
- Career Support
- Financial Resources
GVSU alumni who are 55 and older have the option to choose from two tiers of programming: 55+ and Grand Forum.
55+ Alumni (Tier 1)
- FREE for all GVSU alumni who are 55 and older.
- Access to events tailored to 55+ alumni. Events are offered from across GVSU and/or are facilitated by the GVSU Alumni Office.
- Plus, access to a curated event feed.
Grand Forum (Tier 2)
- $150 annual cost per person.
- Members must be 55 years or older. Members come from a variety of backgrounds including GVSU alumni, staff, faculty, retirees and community members.
- Access to all the benefits of Tier 1.
- Access to 16 special lectures on a variety of timely topics each year.
- Plus, you'll join a fantastic social network.
Retire Well Series
Retire Well is a virtual, 5-part series about information you need to know before and during retirement. Topics include:
- Estate planning
- Investing and income in retirement
- Maximizing social security
- Hidden costs of aging
Sessions start January 19. Free and open to all.
Join a fantastic learning & social network
Grand Forum is a member-based educational program for adults 55 years and older who are eager to both learn and engage with peers. Members include GVSU alumni, retirees, and community members.
Each fall and spring the Grand Forum hosts a series of special lectures on a variety of timely topics. Fall 2022 lecture topics included Dutch art history, cryptocurrency, and women behind the new deal.