Alumni in 5
Paige Valensky '14
4th grade Teacher Hillsborough County Public Schools
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
After graduation, I moved to Ft Myers, FL and taught 4th grade for one year and 2nd grade for one year. Then I moved to the Tampa area and have been teaching 4th grade for 5 years. My boyfriend and I also opened Gulfport Brewery + Eatery in the St Petersburg area. My love and interest of craft beer definitely came from my time in GR!
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Kleiner Late Night or when the pendulum went viral on Vine after Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball song released.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Do what makes you happy.
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Fun, personal, eye-opening.
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
I would like to start a non-profit that would provide private or small group tutoring in a “pay for a session give a session” format. When people pay for tutoring sessions it would also provide tutoring services to children whose families cannot afford a private tutor. I would also like to rescue as many dogs as possible.
Share this spotlight
Return to the listing of alumni in 5.