Alumni in 5
Patricia Moes, ne Dys '66
Education-Elem Middle Teaching
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
In Fort Myers, Florida, on September 2, 2023, Patricia succumbed to a long battle with cancer. She is survived by her husband of 56 years, Peter Dys; three children: Amy (Kevin), Torrans, Lori (Mike) Hogsed, Jeremy Dys. and 10 grandchildren; her 101-year-old father, Rev. John Moes; three brothers and two sisters, and a large extended family.
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Being the Victorian of the first graduating class.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Depend on the Lord to see you through
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
I am her father writing these answers, I don't know what she would say
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
She daily composed nearly 1000 hymns, with Words of Encouragement and Bible texts on which each song was based
Share this spotlight
Return to the listing of alumni in 5.