LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Find academic skills resources and workshop listings for Goal-Setting, Note-Taking, Test-Taking, Memory & Concentration, Procrastination & Motivation, Stress Management, & so much more through the Student Academic Success Center.
The Knowledge Market provides help in the following areas:
- Research Support
- Digital Consultants
- Writing Support
- Presentation Support
They are dedicated to providing services for all GVSU students, no matter their location. They now offer online support in two ways: online peer consultations during open hours and a database of browsable resources that are available 24/7. For more information and/or to make an appointment, please visit the Knowledge Market page.
Knowledge Market Video
The Library website is "your gateway to research." As explained on the Library Services page, the University Libraries has "a rich collection of online information resources to support your research, including thousands of e-journals and hundreds of article databases." In addition to getting articles online, there are subject and course guides, opportunities for consultations on how to do better research, and liaison librarians for each subject area who can help you with your research.
Find some helpful Time- / Self- Management Tips, Worksheets, and Suggested Apps around topics such as goal-setting, homework-organization, and time-management.
Free Tutoring of All Subjects
- Tutoring is committed to providing tutoring to all Grand Valley students in most 100- and 200-level courses
- Math Resources are available Online through GVSU and through Khan Academy
- Find Statistics video resources, and calculator help here
Check this Tutoring flier for information regarding online and drop-in tutoring options.
Online consultations are available to all students through the writing center, there are two options:
- Email Consultations which are not synchronous and consultants will have 72 hours to reply or
- Google doc consultations where you will meet in real time to get feedback. To learn more visit the virtual Knowledge Market
You'll also find Handouts, for easy-to-understand explanations of punctuation marks, style guides, and writing techniques to help you revise and proofread your work effectively.