Biomedical Sciences, M.H.S.
Grand Valley's Master of Health Science (M.H.S.) in Biomedical Sciences prepares students for career goals in: research; teaching; professional or doctoral studies; or health organizations. The Biomedical Science department integrates meaningful practical experiences with excellent classroom teaching to prepare students to be critical thinkers, engaged citizens, and creative and competent professionals in the human biological sciences.
The M.H.S. in Biomedical Sciences is a minimum of 33 credit hours, and offers full-time or part-time scheduling options. Additionally, course options are available for both degree-seeking and nondegree-seeking students.
Deadline for fall semester is March 15. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Why Study Biomedical Sciences at Grand Valley?
- Create a personal, flexible course plan that meets individual research and career goals.
- Have access to individual, preprofessional advising in preparation for Ph.D., medical school, dental school, and other professional programs through the CLAS Academic Advising Center.
- Become critical thinkers and leaders within their chosen field.
- Are prepared for careers in science or health-related fields, teaching and post-graduate studies in professional and doctoral programs.
- Conduct innovative, collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary faculty or outside organizations based on student interest.
For More InformationDepartment of Biomedical Sciences
212 Henry Hall
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Format: Face To Face
Students study a variety of topics, including:
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Cell biology
The program prepares graduates for careers in science or health-related fields, research and teaching at the community college level. Additionally, the program prepares students for post graduate studies in medical or dental school, as well as doctoral programs.