Biomedical Sciences, M.H.S.
Grand Valley's Master of Health Science (M.H.S.) in Biomedical Sciences prepares students for career goals in: research; teaching; professional or doctoral studies; or health organizations. The Biomedical Science department integrates meaningful research experiences with excellent classroom teaching to prepare students to be critical thinkers, engaged citizens, and creative and competent professionals in the human biological sciences.
Listen to Podcast
The M.H.S. in Biomedical Sciences is a minimum of 33 credit hours, and offers full-time or part-time scheduling options. Additionally, course options are available for both degree-seeking and nondegree-seeking students.
Why Study Biomedical Sciences at Grand Valley?
- Conduct innovative, collaborative research projects with
interdisciplinary faculty or outside organizations based on student interest.
- Become critical thinkers and leaders within their chosen field.
- Create a personal, flexible course plan that meets individual
research and career goals.
- Are prepared for careers in science or health-related fields, teaching and post-graduate studies in professional and doctoral programs.
- Have access to individual, preprofessional advising in preparation
for doctoral studies, medical school, dental school, and other
professional programs through the CLAS Academic Advising Center.
- Tuition rates are based on academic program and there are no
separate rates based on residency status.
For More InformationDepartment of Biomedical Sciences
212 Henry Hall
Deadline for fall semester is March 15. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Students study a variety of topics, including:
- Comparative anatomy
- Functional anatomy
- Infectious disease
- Molecular biology
The program prepares graduates for careers in science or health-related fields, research and teaching at the community college level. Additionally, the program prepares students for post graduate studies in medical or dental school, as well as doctoral programs.