Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Minor
The Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Department provides students:
- an interdisciplinary program of study grounded in the liberal arts
- a culminating academic experience through which students link the insights of separate courses
- opportunities to apply theory to meaningful research or action projects, including internships, field work and service learning
Please visit our Catalog Portfolio to view the descriptions of each of our class listings.
Minor in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
WGS 200 Introduction to Gender Studies
WGS 360 Foundations of Feminism
High impact/civic engagement emphasis: Students must complete one of the following courses:
- WGS 491 - Contemporary Theory and Practicum Credits: 3
- WGS 492 - Women's Community Collaborative Credits: 3
- WGS 493 - Community Collaborative in South Africa Credits: 3
For the remaining four electives, students have a wide range of WGS courses and courses cross-listed with other departments, which are approved to meet program requirements.