Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies majors develop skills that are highly valued by employers, such as critical thinking, research, analysis, oral/written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills. Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies majors may find employment in a variety of areas depending on their skills and experience. Some Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies graduates choose to work in advocacy or social services-related positions, community development, business, or government.
Advising and Career Services Resources
Advising & Career Services has a variety of resources to help students explore potential career fields. These resources include information about typical responsibilities, qualifications, career paths, job outlook, and salary.
Internet Sites with Career-Related Information for Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Majors
- Career Opportunities for Majors in Women and Gender Studies — Lists skills acquired from a WGS degree and careeer opportunities (source: Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey)
- What Can I do with a Gender Studies Degree — Links to a variety of career opportunities? From the Gender Studies Program at Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Using Your Degree: 242 Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies graduates know the answer — Identifies career paths of many WGS graduates (source: Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program at New Paltz State University of New York)
- What can you do with a Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Degree? — Lists job titles of WGS graduates (source: Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
- What Can I do With a Degree in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies? — Shares a list of employers posting jobs for Women's Studies majors (source: University Career Center at Portland State University, Oregon)
- Feminist Jobs Board Career Center — Lists job openings and internships with feminist and progressive organizations and links to feminist and nonprofit job banks (source: Feminist Majority Foundation)