Graduation Information

Applying for Graduation

Students should apply for graduation the semester before they plan to walk. There are two methods you can use:

  1. To apply online, login to myBanner and select the "Student Records" link. Click "Apply to Graduate" and complete the online application.
  2. You may also apply to graduate in hard copy by completing the “Application for Undergraduate Diploma and submitting it the Records Office as indicated on the bottom of the form. 

If you are a double major, your name will appear in the commencement program with your first declared major. If you want your name to be listed with the WGS department, you must make WGS your first major and you must that clear your Application for Graduation.

Commencement Ceremony

Regardless of your major, you may choose to “walk” with Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. To do this, you pick up your graduation card and then find the WGS staging area. 

Residency Waiver

Students who complete any number of their last 30 credit at another institution will need to complete a residency waiver.

Page last modified April 28, 2021