Conscious Conversations promotes the oneness of women from all cultures and provides a safe environment for diverse women from across campus to better understand each other in an attempt to foster new meaningful relationships.
Time and location TBD.
Topic: I Can't Believe They Unfriended Me! When Social Justice and Social Media Collide
Did you see what he posted? Did you see her reply to my comment? Did they just block me? I can’t believe they unfriend me!
Navigating the world of social media is hard enough, and once we add social justice and politics it can become nearly impossible. Why do we clash with people online? How do we support causes without ending decades-long friendships? What does it mean to be a social media activist? Join us for a Conscious Conversation discussing what happens when social media and social justice collide.
Facilitators: Kristen Evans and Jennifer Palm
If you are in need of any accommodations to participate in these programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Previous Conscious Conversation Topics
- Men's Role in Feminism
- Moving Beyond the B-Word: Bold, Blunt, Bossy Women in the Workplace
- Worldwide Women: International Travel, Work, and Advocacy
- It's All About Me (For an Hour): Self-care, Self-worth, Self-satisfaction, and Self-fulfillment
- Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Raising Girls in the Princess Culture
- We're Our Own Worst Enemies: Judgment and Competition Among Women
- Expecting Better: Establishing Family Friendly Workplaces
- Race and Gender in "Orange is the New Black"