Conscious Conversations promotes the oneness of women from all cultures and provides a safe environment for diverse women from across campus to better understand each other in an attempt to foster new meaningful relationships.
2020 Event: Speaking Up and Taking Care
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
2266 Kirkhof Center
As part of the Women's Commission yearlong theme of personal and professional empowerment - this session provides an overview of the impact of microaggressions and how to respond to them in the work place. Participants will take away tangible tools for how to be an active bystander, utilize resources and engage in self-care.
Dr. Marlene Kowalski-Braun, Office of the Vice President - Division of Inclusion and Equity
Latrece McDaniel, LMSW, CAADC, University Counseling Center
Please feel free to bring your lunch to enjoy during the conversation.
To register: www.gvsu.edu/sprout
Previous Conscious Conversation Topics
- Men's Role in Feminism
- Moving Beyond the B-Word: Bold, Blunt, Bossy Women in the Workplace
- Worldwide Women: International Travel, Work, and Advocacy
- It's All About Me (For an Hour): Self-care, Self-worth, Self-satisfaction, and Self-fulfillment
- Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Raising Girls in the Princess Culture
- We're Our Own Worst Enemies: Judgment and Competition Among Women
- Expecting Better: Establishing Family Friendly Workplaces
- Race and Gender in "Orange is the New Black"
- I Can't Believe They Unfriended Me