Are you looking for a veterans degree online?
Our Integrative Studies bachelor’s degree for adults is a fast-paced, accelerated, online degree program that is perfect for military students looking for a veterans degree online. While there is no such thing as a typical student, this program is perfect for veterans 24+ years old who have already completed 30 or more college credits, two or more years of work or military experience, the ability to complete college-level work online, and the motivation to use their skills to change their lives, and the world, for the better.
When you’re done, you’ll have earned a bachelor’s degree in integrative studies and a valuable certificate in project management, data analytics, intercultural communications, business fundamentals, or leadership. The bachelor’s degree requires 120 total credit hours, and we’ll work with you to maximize all of the college credits you may already have.
This entire accelerated bachelor’s degree program, including the certificate, can be completed online.
Session 1: August 28 - October 11
Session 1: January 8 - February 21
Session 2: October 23 - December 15
Session 2: March 11 - April 27
May 6 - June 19
June 24 - August 6
- College Factual
- College Factual
Skills to Help You Meet Your Career Goals
In addition to the bachelor's degree in integrative studies, you will earn a certificate in one of these in-demand skills, which is why this program is one of the best degrees for veterans on the market.
- Business Fundamentals (NEW) - Helps you develop financial and accounting acumen, as well as better understand the fundamentals of the human side of business and organizational operations. You will build the knowledge and skills necessary to better understand and manage in your organization. Skills developed include analyzing financial statements and performance, creating operating budgets, managing and motivating others, and analyzing and using marketing information.
- Project management - Integrates industry-proven project management practices with Agile principles. Students work in small teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, and bring closure to real-world project(s) using MS Project and other enterprise project management software.
- Applied data analytics - Focuses on understanding how to interpret, use, and apply data and statistics in the workplace. Students learn foundational computing and statistical skills like visualization, predictive analytics tools, and computer coding in Python and R.
- Leadership - Focuses on social change and business communication and includes further exploration into organizational theory, team building, design thinking, and grant writing. Students will develop professional skills that employers are looking for, such as team building and ethics.
- Intercultural Communications - Prepares students with skills in effective communication within and across diverse international organizations by focusing on intercultural learning and competence in the global workplace.
These certificates are also available on their own. You can find out more on this page.
Access Learning on Your Time
- All classes are accelerated six-week sessions.
- This entire accelerated bachelor’s degree program can be completed online.
- Our online classes enable you to access program content and contribute to class discussions each week when it fits your schedule.
- You do not need to be online on a specific day, and just like a traditional course, you can expect to have a syllabus with a course calendar for due dates.
- You can expect 15 hours of work a week and advisors will help you figure out how classes can fit into your life.
This quiz assesses your learning style, along with your technology and academic skills. After the quiz, you will receive feedback on your strengths and opportunities to further develop your skills and decide whether online classes are right for you.
Resources for Veterans
Grand Valley has the support you need, when you need it. From start to finish, our staff is standing by to make sure your experience is enjoyable. Through the support of our Military and Veterans Resource Center and Center for Adult and Continuing Studies, GVSU will ensure your transition to class is easy and your career goals are obtainable.
Find out more about veteran resources by visiting our homepage.
The Veteran Promise
If you have committed to serving our country for at least two years and are a 2021 Michigan high school graduate, we offer pre-approved admission to Grand Valley State University deferred until you’re ready. Your willingness to make a commitment to your country means something, and the least we can do is to eliminate the worry about being accepted to college.
The Veterans Advance program is designed to acknowledge the strong, transferable skills you have learned from your service that can be used to advance your civilian career while pursuing a degree at GVSU. This unique work-study program includes 20-hours of paid work experience and a special leadership track with one of our corporate sponsors.
This program is designed for motivated learners who want to complete their degree or certificate with a virtual community of similarly dedicated individuals. The admission requirements include
- a completed application;
- a copy of your Joint Service Transcripts;
- official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended;
- thirty (30) completed college credits; and
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for those who demonstrate a potential for academic success in other ways).
Costs and Financial Aid
There are resources available for veterans who would like to complete their accelerated online degree at Grand Valley State University. Our staff can assist with the following:
Are You Ready to Get Started?
We know you are busy and we are here to help you get started.
Our advisors will review courses you’ve already taken at Grand Valley or other schools to determine how we can maximize your credits, explain the goals and outcomes of the integrative studies degree, discuss services and support available throughout the program, assist with the admission and financial aid process, and give you a personalized degree plan.
Get in touch with an advisor by calling (616) 331-7180, emailing, [email protected], or clicking below to make a phone or virtual appointment.