In-person volunteer hours will take place on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. through October 15. If you wish to continue volunteering after October 15, please reach out to Yumi at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remote options as the growing season is winding down.
Important information for volunteers:
- Please wear closed toed shoes and long pants
- Please bring sunscreen, a sun hat, water bottle, and snack
- No dogs or other pets are allowed at the SAP
- There is no wifi available at the SAP, so please plan accordingly
- Watch this training video before your first shift
- You must complete a COVID-19 self-assessment form before volunteering at the SAP. This can be found here.
We are eager to accommodate group volunteer days for your class, fraternity, sorority, or club (maximum of 10 visitors per group). Contact SAPmanager@gvsu.edu for more information.
Local elementary students spend their field day helping out at the farm.
The SAP welcomes people from on-campus and the greater community to visit the farm. If you hope to bring a group of up to 10 people, please complete this form at least 1 week in advance. We can typically accommodate smaller groups with at least 2 business days notice. Please complete this form.