Off Campus Job Posting Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in listing job opportunities at Grand Valley State University. Posting your opportunities through our online recruiting system, Handshake, makes your listing immediately accessible to all GVSU students and alumni and its fast, easy and free!
Important: In order to continue providing this service to off campus employers we ask that you provide Student Employment with the names and dates of employment of all Grand Valley students you employ.
Student Employment has certain criteria that must be followed in order for an off campus employer to post a job on Handshake.
- The job must guarantee the student an hourly wage. We do not post commission only or "to be determined" positions.
- The hourly wage must follow the Federal or State minimum wage rate and the higher of the two wages must be used.
- There must be immediate openings.
- Jobs with out-of-pocket expenses such as kit fees, test fees, will not be posted.
- We must have verifiable contact information of employer.
If you have questions about posting a job, please contact Student Employment.
Handshake is a free online system that allows you to post positions, track applicants, register for events and schedule on-campus interviews and information sessions.
In order to continue providing this service to off campus employers, we ask that you provide Student Employment with the names and dates of employment of all Grand Valley students you employ.
Post your job:
- Log into Handshake and post your job today!