LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
The Communication Studies major provides the intellectual resources integral to communication professionals and essential to citizenship.
- Learn about communication as both a practice and the study of that practice so that they may know and use various understandings of communication to solve practical communication problems.
- Receive a broad overview of the field with an emphasis in one or two professional areas.
- Learn to apply broad-based communication theory to their chosen areas of focus in mass communication and/or communication arts, as well as in the electives they take outside of the School of Communications.
- Are prepared to work in organizations that believe in the value of life-long learning--those recognizing that a broad, liberal education combined with excellent skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening are the best qualification for a career.
- Are prepared to pursue graduate study.
• Meeting and event planning • Media planning • Social media management • HR management • Business reporting • Brand management • PR management • Marketing • Advertising • Web content management •