LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Developed in cooperation with West Michigan health communication professionals, the Health Communication major was created to meet the growing need for communication professionals to work throughout the health care and human services fields.
- Receive a strong foundation in the liberal arts, health sciences, and general communication.
- Take specialized coursework in advertising, public relations, journalistic and public relations writing, and visual media.
- Engage in critical thinking regarding issues surrounding health-in-society.
- Claim a major that has the distinction of being one of only a few such majors offered at the undergraduate level in the United States.
Bottom line: GVSU Health Communication students receive a great liberal arts education and take advantage of opportunities you can't find anywhere else. But most importantly, our graduates get jobs in their chosen fields.
• Medical writer • Communications specialist • PR specialist • HR specialist • Certified health education specialist • Marketing program manager • Medical and health services management •