At Recreation & Wellness, it’s our mission to empower and support students to pursue their overall well-being by providing impactful experiences to build community, develop life skills, discover passions, and have fun. The value of recreation is evident through:
- Academic success
- Diversity & inclusion
- Engagement & belonging
- Mental well-being
- Physical health
- Leadership development
- Recruitment & retention
Our focus on student well-being continues to be an important part of Recreation & Wellness' mission. Learn more about our impact through NIRSA.
With your help, we can continue to provide quality services and programs that further well-being to everyone in the GVSU community, as well as help grow leaders in recreation and beyond.
Ways to Support
Recreation & Wellness Program Fund
The purpose of the Recreation & Wellness Program Fund is to provide financial support for GVSU students to access programs, services, and professional development opportunities. Through your generosity, you can help remove financial barriers for GVSU students to participate in our programs.
- $10 provides access to one month of Group Fitness classes.
- $20 provides access to a climbing workshop.
- $30 provides access to a full-semester of intramural sports.
- $40 provides access for a private group climbing program.
- $100+ provides access to...
- Personal training sessions
- Participation in an outdoor experiential trip
- Professional certifications for student employees
Recreation Leadership Endowed Scholarship
The purpose of the Recreation Leadership Endowed Scholarship is to recognize and reward student leaders who are involved in recreational sports, programs, services, and activities, who demonstrate a high degree of leadership aptitudes, initiative, and dedication to University recreation.
- Recipients must be accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU.
- Must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours) in any course of study.
- Must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Preference will be given to students involved in recreational sports, programs, or services offered through Recreation & Wellness or related programs.
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship is non-renewable.
Club Sports offer an exciting athletic alternative that bridges the gap between intramural play and varsity sports. There are currently over 50 club sports organizations at GVSU that range from recreational to highly competitive.
These programs are funded primarily by participant dues. Your contribution to a club sport of your choice will make a difference in students' ability to compete at the highest levels by offsetting out-of-pocket costs to participate.
The Esports club is where casual and competitive gamers at GVSU come to play. Members have the opportunity to compete for an intercollegiate team around the country, participate in community events, and take on leadership opportunities to begin the pursuit of a career in esports/gaming.
Currently, the esports club fields official competitive teams in the following games:
- Rocket League (Premier)
- Valorant (Premier)
- Counterstrike: Global Offensive
- League of Legends
- Overwatch 2
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Rainbow Six: Siege