Grand Valley State University's (GVSU) Clinical Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) program utilizes the Physical Therapist Centralized Application System (PTCAS) for the application process. Please refer to www.ptcas.org to get general information about the PTCAS process. GVSU specific information is posted on the PTCAS website. Students may begin applying when the application portal opens.
All application and supporting documents for PTCAS and GVSU have a receipt deadline of October 15. It is strongly recommended that applicants submit application materials 4-6 weeks prior to October 15 to allow for PTCAS processing time.
Program eligibility requires the following:
- Completion of Bachelor's degree.
- Completion of Prerequisite courses. All prerequisites must be taken for letter grades. For each course, a grade of C or higher is required. The prerequisites and undergraduate degree must be completed by the first day of classes of the professional program.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. On-site interview may be required. Practice interviews for GVSU student and alumni are available by contacting Career Services.
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions of the physical therapy program.
- Submission of the following materials to PTCAS and GVSU:
PT CAS Admission Materials
Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS): - Students MUST apply using PTCAS
- PTCAS online application and fees
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended; minimum 3.20 cumulative & prerequisite GPA required
- Two recommendation forms - submit the names and email addresses of your 2 references on the PTCAS electronic application. Your references should be completed and returned in electronic form to PTCAS. A licensed physical therapist with whom you have worked / job shadowed / volunteered must complete 1 of the 2 recommendations.
- Documentation of volunteer / work / job shadow PT hours on the PTCAS application– minimum of 50 hours required; the ‘PTCAS Verification Form’ is not required by/for GVSU admissions
- Minimum grade of “C” or better required in all prerequisite coursework
- Official results from the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) general and written test. Use PTCAS GRE Code 0282. Go to www.ets.org
Students in Integument Lab
GVSU Admission Materials & Requirements
- GVSU Physical Therapy Supplemental Application Form - the link to this form is ONLY available at the PTCAS website
- $30 application fee unless previously paid to GVSU
- Students admitted to the GVSU DPT program must submit final transcripts demonstrating completion of all prerequisite coursework and bachelor’s degree prior to the start of the program
- Students must meet all Essential Functions of the physical therapy program
International Student Admissions
- Original or certified original transcripts with official credentialed evaluations (e.g., WES, ECE)
- Official TOEFL test score minimum 610 (paper-based) or 253 (computer-based) or 102 (internet-based) score required.
- Statement of financial support (refer to GVSU Supplemental Form)
Test scores and documents must be sent directly to GVSU’s Admissions Office at 1 Campus Drive Allendale, MI 49401-9403
Students and faculty leading exercises for individuals in the community with movement disorders.
All prerequisites must be taken for letter grades. The prerequisites and undergraduate degree must be completed by the first day of classes of the professional program. For each course, a grade of C or higher is required.
The College of Health Professions (CHP) Student Services Office (SSO) in collaboration with CHP faculty and staff provides academic advising, admissions, and other student services to future and current undergraduate and graduate students in support of their academic, professional and personal development on the campus and within the greater community.