Basketball Pep Band
Basketball Pep Band
MUS 111 Section 01
The GVSU Basketball Pep Band is an auditioned ensemble (class) that is open to any student at GVSU, and each member is paid $450 after the completion of the season. The band plays at the home games of the the men's and women's basketball teams. Travel to GLIAC and NCAA tourney games is another benefit of membership. In 2016, the pep band traveled to Sioux Falls, SD to cheer on our Final Four Women's Team! Comprised of 40 members, the pep band energizes the game environment before, during and after the games. If you want to be a part of a great "family," carry on our sense of pride, work hard, and above all have fun in performing for the best fans in the country, then the GVSU Basketball Pep Band is for you!
Piccolo - 3; Clarinet - 3; Alto Saxophone - 3, Tenor Saxophone - 2; Baritone Saxophone - 1; Mellophone - 3; Trumpet - 10; Trombone - 4; Baritone - 2; Sousaphone - 4; Electric Bass - 1; Drumset - 2; Feature Twirler -1; Student Conductor-1
Date: Sunday, November 5 from 8:00-9:30pm & Monday, November 6 from 8:00-9:30pm
Location: HCPA 1211 (Dr. Martin's Office)
*Drumset Auditions will be held on Tuesday, November 7 from 6:00-9:00pm in HCPA 1515 (Band Room)
- Sign up for audition time.
- Audition Sign-Up List will be posted November 1 on the Bulletin Board outside of the Band Room (Performing Arts Center, Room 1515).
- Drumset Auditions - Please contact Dr. Martin about audition material
- Dr. Martin's e-mail: [email protected]
- Download and prepare your audition music completely (tempo, articulation, dynamics, etc.).
- Audition at your specific time.
- Audition results will be posted on the Bulletin Board outside of the Band Room (Performing Arts Center, Room 1515) on Tuesday, November 7.
- Audio File
Piccolo Clarinet Alto Sax
Tenor Sax/B. Clar. Baritone Sax
Mellophone Trumpet 1 Trumpet 2
Trombone 1 Trombone 2
Baritone BC Baritone TC
Sousaphone Electric Bass
Mandatory Completion of Federal I-9 Form by First Performance
- The Federal I-9 form must be completed/submitted by the first performance. You can obtain the forms here.
- The I-9 form can only be completed when the student brings in the necessary identifying documents. These documents include-
- U.S. passport OR
- Driver’s license or student ID AND a social security card or birth certificate.
- All of these documents MUST be the original – Student Employment staff will not accept copies, scans or pictures. Students cannot work on campus until their I-9 and tax forms are submitted.
- All of the necessary forms that students need to fill out can be found and completed in the Student Employment Office. We are located within the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships on the first floor of the Student Services Center on the Allendale campus. The office is open M-F from 8:00am - 5:00pm. Their number is (616) 331-3238.
Please note: If you have worked on-campus within the last 12 months, then you should have a Federal I-9 on file already. You can contact our office to determine if you may need to fill out another form.