Permission to Publish Materials

Typeset image from the cover of GVSC 1968-1969 Yearbook

Permission to Publish Form 

As owners of the physical materials in its collections, Special Collections & University Archives reserves the right to grant permission to publish materials in its holdings. A written request for permission to publish must be made in advance to the Head of Special Collections. Use the PDF form linked above for this request. You may return the form by mail at the address given, or as an email attachment to Leigh Rupinski, Archivist for Public Services and Community Engagement at [email protected].

Except for brief excerpts, material under copyright cannot be duplicated without the written permission of the copyright owner. The full responsibility for infringement is assumed by the individual requesting permission to publish. Unless specifically stated, Grand Valley State University does not claim ownership of the copyright on any of the materials in Special Collections.

Manuscript materials used in research are to be cited in any resulting papers or publications.

Use fees may be charged for commercial publication at the discretion of Special Collections & University Archives.

See also Copyright Basics

Page last modified July 8, 2022