GVSU HTM Club
Hospitality and Tourism Management Club (HTM Club)
Related HTM Emphasis Area
Students studying any HTM emphasis area and HTM/Adventure Tourism minors are welcome to join.
Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) Club is a networking opportunity to meet and mingle with not only other HTM majors at Grand Valley, but professionals in the industry. Our events are a mixture of every aspect of the hospitality world exploring every industry to get everyone involved. We encourage those interested in hospitality to come learn from guest speakers who are industry professionals, as well as to explore the local hospitality culture we have here in Grand Rapids. If you would like to become a part of the program, be sure to check us out! We can't wait to meet you and give you opportunities to meeting professionals, peers, and faculty in the Hospitality and Tourism industry!
The HTM Club is ALWAYS accepting new members, whether you've attended a Club meeting/event yet or not, so be sure to e-mail the Club to join their e-mail list and follow them on social media so you know the latest happenings!
Winter 2021 HTM Club Schedule
- Sunday, January 31, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - GVSU VIRTUAL Campus Life Night LIVE - Zoom
- Tuesday, February 2, 6:00 p.m. - Job Interview Practice Event - Zoom
- Friday, February 12-14 - World of Winter Scavenger Hunt - Downtown Grand Rapids
- Tuesday, February 23 - Event Industry Zoom
- Monday, March 1 AND Tuesday, March 2 - Canopy Hotel Tour
- Thursday, March 11, 6:30 p.m. - Resume Building Workshop with the GVSU Career Center
- Saturday, March 13, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. - March Madness Brackets, movie, and free snacks! (Room 2266 in Kirkhof)
- Wednesday, March 17, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. - Work Like a Laker (WLAL) Hospitality and Tourism Management Department Panel - Learn about different career concentrations and paths in the HTM department!
- Week of March 29 - April 15 - E-board elections - Interested in working behind the scenes of the club? Get those resumes ready! We will be opening up for submissions March 29 and closing them April 15th at noon. Requirements: have attended at least 1 event and have been an active member of the club for one semester.
- Tuesday, March 30, 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - General Member Meeting - Join us for snacks, beverages, and connections! We will have this formatted as an open forum to discuss what YOU want out of the club and how we can make it happen! More details to follow! - Pere Marquette Room - Kirkhof Center
- Tuesday, April 13, 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Trafficking in Hospitality Seminar by guest speaker Neal Lofy - Hybrid event, hosted in-person in the Loosemore Auditorium (DEV 122E) and over Zoom. FREE snacks and refreshments to follow!
- Tuesday, April 20, Time TBA - Cannabis in HTM Discovery Session and Q&A hybrid event, in person attendance or via zoom. Located on Pew Campus. We’ll have speakers to talk about how cannabis and the hospitality and tourism industry interact with time for a Q&A. Free snacks! Opportunities for networking! More details to come!
- Wednesday, April 21 - 7:00 p.m. - Virtual Escape Room
- Thursday, April 22 - 6:30 p.m. - Exploring HTM Panel - Virtual event with representatives from lodging, food/beverage, and recreation/tourism emphases. Networking opportunities! More details to come! EVENT CANCELLED
Meeting/event information will be updated as details are finalized. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
GVSU HTM Club Scholarship
The HTM Club, in conjunction with the HTM Program, is providing this scholarship to a registered club member who has demonstrated an active interest in the club’s success and development.
- Recipients will have been accepted for or are currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be an undergraduate student, currently enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits/semester) with junior or senior status during the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 semesters
- Must have declared a major in Hospitality and Tourism Management and be making satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA or higher)
- Must be an “active” member of the HTM Clubs listed above. Active members are those who demonstrate their commitment by regular attendance at meetings, activities/events, promotion of membership and other activities deemed appropriate by the committee
HTM Club members who worked at the 2015 NCAA Final Four tournament.
HTM Club members ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle.
HTM Club with Louie the Laker at ArtPrize kickoff event.
HTM Club touring the Downtown Market Grand Rapids.