rapid! PayCard Visa FAQs
rapid! PayCard Visa - General FAQ
Not at all. The funds are deposited on your card immediately. The only difference is this is a prepaid card account and not a checking account. Your rapid! card does include many benefits like a traditional checking account including a bill pay option.
The rapid! PayCard is fully portable. This means that you can take the card to any other employer (second or part time job), regardless of who gave the card to you and sign up for a direct deposit payment. In addition, you can direct deposit your income tax refund, social security benefit, military pension, or any other payment that can be direct deposited. Please login to www.rapidfs.com to access your direct deposit account number or ask one of our Customer Service Representatives.
The first card you receive is the instant issue rapid! PayCard. It has a Visa brand mark but it does not have your name embossed on it. When you call Customer Support 1-888-RAPID 14 (1-888-727-4314) to activate this card you may also request a FREE upgrade to a personalized card with your name embossed on it. When the personalized rapid! PayCard arrives in the mail (7-10 business days) the instant issue card remains fully usable until you activate your new personalized card.
Your pay will typically be available by 10:00 a.m. EST in the day before our actual payday. You can check your balance then or anytime by calling 1-888-RAPID 14 (1-888-727-4314) or by visiting www.rapidfs.com. You may also set up text alert so you are notified when funds are deposited.
The rapid! PayCard is reloadable. After receiving the initial card, your pay will automatically be deposited on the same card each pay period.
Yes! Employees always have the option to receive pay via direct deposit. Just log on Banner Self Service to sign up.
Yes! Download the free rapid!Access mobile app from the Android or Apple store. Keyword search "rapid paycard" or "rapid!Access" (Note: If using an iPad Apple device, be sure to indicate 'iPhone apps')
Most importantly, your money is protected with Visa Zero Fraud Liability. Just call 1-888-RAPID 14 (727-4314) to report it lost/stolen and request a new card via mail, or contact the Payroll team at [email protected] for a new card. Call 1-888-RAPID 14 (press 0) and tell the representative this is a replacement card.
Payroll is able to instantly issue you a pay card for any lost/stolen cards. You will need to come to the Payroll office located at 1090 JHZ. Once you have the instant card, you will need to call 1 (888) 727-4314 to active the instant issue card. Funds will automatically be transferred to the instant issue card for immediate use.
- Sign the back of your card. This gives you added security when making retail signature purchases.
- Call the number on the back of your card (1 (888) 727-4314) to activate your card.
- Create your PIN and keep it safe and private.
Using the card can save you money by eliminating check cashing fees. You can also automatically deposit your income tax refund and social security benefit, military pension, or other payment that can be direct deposited. You may also activate your card through the app or online through www.rapidfs.com. Watch the introductory video.
Each time your card is loaded, you can choose one of six convenient ways to get access to your money – it's free for the first transaction after every payday:
- Receive cash back at millions of retail locations nationwide when you make a Point of Sale (POS) purchase.
- Get quick access to your cash as a member of the Allpoint® ATM network with over 35,000 locations nationwide.
- Pay your rent or car note by requesting a check.
- Purchase a money order up to $1,000 at any US Post Office.
- Electronically transfer the funds directly into your personal bank account.
- Use a ChekToday to pay bills, send money or get 100% of your pay off your card.
Use the ATM machine with your rapid! PayCard. To use your rapid! PayCard at an ATM successfully, use the Allpoint® branded ATM machine as your first transaction on payday and it is FREE. rapid! PayCards will not be charged an additional ATM "surcharge" in the Allpoint™ network! Select "CHECKING" to make a cash withdraw or check your balance. You may also use any PNC ATM machine on the Allendale or Pew Campus. View the GVSU PNC ATM locations.
- Online: Manage your account at www.rapidfs.com
- Mobile: Download the free rapid!Access mobile app from the Android or Apple store. Keyword search "rapid paycard".
- Text: Enroll in text alerts* at www.rapidfs.com then text "BAL" to 90831 for your current balance (*Standard text messaging rates may apply)
- Call: 24/7 customer support 1 (888) 727-4314
The following methods are always free when using the pay card:
- Point of Sale (POS) purchases using signature or PIN transaction
- Allpoint ATM withdrawals
- Over the counter cash advance (VISA branded bank teller transaction)
*Individual banks may have daily cash advance limits. Employees may use any PNC ATM on the Allendale and Pew Campus free of charge. View the GVSU PNC ATM locations.
View the GVSU PNC ATM locations offered on the Allendale and Pew campuses.
- Online: Search using zip codes to locate the closest ATMs at https://rapidpaycard.com/paycard/atm-locator/
- Mobile: Download the free rapid! Access mobile app from the Android or Apple store. GPS enabled search capabilities allow identification to the closest ATM to your current location.
- Call: 24/7 customer support 1 (888) 727-4314 for the closest ATM by providing your current address.
You can also use the GVSU website to locate PNC ATMs on the Allendale or Pew campus: view the GVSU PNC ATM locations.