More than 1,000 Grand Valley students struggle with food insecurity each year. When students don’t have consistent access to enough quality food, it impacts them in the classroom and can derail their dream of earning a degree entirely.
This Giving Tuesday, November 29, the entire GVSU community is rallying around the Replenish Student Food Resource Fund to support students facing food insecurity. As Lakers, we help each other. This Giving Tuesday is no different. Let’s make sure all Grand Valley students have the nourishment they need to succeed.
Replenish Food Drive
From November 14 – December 2, Grand Valley is also hosting a food drive to help stock the shelves of Replenish. Please stop by one of these locations to donate nonperishable food or a personal care item. Don’t forget to fill out the donation form with your contact information when you donate. You’ll be entered into a drawing to win GVSU swag!
- Seidman Center Lobby
- DeVos Center for Interprofessional Health 410
- Eberhard Center 9th Floor Lobby
- Eberhard Center 101
- Steelcase Library
- Lake Ontario Hall 224
- Mackinac Hall B-4-232
- Zumberge Hall 3035
- Zumberge Hall 4035
- Kindschi Hall of Science 4490
- Mackinac Hall C-2-100
- Haas Center for Performing Arts 1300
- Alumni House Basement
- Mary Idema Pew Library
- Recreation Center Welcome Desk
- Niemeyer Living Center Lobby
- Kirkpatrick Living Center
- Seidman Living Center
- Stafford Living Center
- Swanson Living Center
If you are on campus this Giving Tuesday, November 29, join us for a Giving Tuesday Campus Celebration from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Kirkhof Center lounge. The event will feature:
- Refreshments and conversations with colleagues.
- Opportunities to give back: bring your food donations, decorate a care bag for Replenish students, or write a thank you note to Grand Valley donors.
- Donate a meal! On Giving Tuesday, GVSU students with active meal plans can donate one of their meals to a student in need. This opportunity is only available on Tuesday, November 29. To give a meal, visit the Laker Meal Share webpage.
Please share these images on social media in support of Giving Tuesday at Grand Valley. To save an image, open the gallery, click on your selected image, and save to your device.