College Responsibilities in Academic Advising
- To be responsible for communicating consistent information to all students about the advising process in CLAS.
- To provide a community of academic advisors for all students in CLAS.
- To assist students in the development of suitable educational plans and goals.
- To monitor and provide accessible guidance on each student’s academic progress.
- To provide referrals to university services when appropriate.
- To be accountable for providing required, continuous and accurate training for all faculty and professional advisors in CLAS.
- To provide sufficient and on-going resources and support for advising services across the College.
- To recognize the importance of excellent and accurate faculty academic advising through the tenure and evaluation process.
- To conduct continuous assessment and improvement in academic advising.