Kirkhof Center Frequently Asked Questions

Who can reserve space in the Kirkhof Center?

Both on-campus and off-campus clients are allowed to reserve space in the Kirkhof Center. There is a charge for off-campus clients to use the Kirkhof Center facilities.

How far in advance can I reserve space?

Departments and Off-Campus clients can make reservations up to one year in advance. Students and Student Organizations can make reservations on a semester basis.

What kind of audio/visual equipment is available for use?

Microphones (podium, floor, and lavalier), LCD projectors, laptops, TV/DVD/VCR, CD player, sound equipment, etc. Please call (616) 331-2350 if you need anything that you don't see listed. You must request audio/visual equipment prior to your event. NOTE: There is an additional charge for all audio visual equipment.

Can I use my own caterer for my event?

No, Grand Valley State University is contracted with Aramark and they must be used for all events held on Grand Valley's campus.

Is alcohol service available in the Kirkhof Center?

Yes, the Kirkhof Center holds a liquor license for certain rooms in the building: Grand River Room, Pere Marquette, 2215/2216, Thornapple, the Solarium, and the lobby. Contact Kellie Pnacek-Carter for further details.

Who is responsible for providing decorations for the room (in the event that decorations are wanted)?

Each customer is responsible for decorating the room that they are using. All decorations must be cleaned up after the event. No glitter or confetti may be used and candles must be in a fire safe container. NOTE: The only adhesive that may be used is painters tape, to help prevent damage to our facilities.

Where is parking available for the Kirkhof Center?

Parking is available in Lot H or in the metered parking in front of the building.

Are parking permits required for the parking lots?

Yes, parking permits are required for all parking lots on Grand Valley's campus, except in the metered parking, weekends, and after 6:30pm on weekdays. Parking in the summer does not require a parking permit. If you require a parking option prior to 6:30 PM on weekdays, please coordinate with Event Services by calling (616) 331-2350.

We are located within the Office of Student Life. Events Services is a department of the Division of Student Affairs of Grand Valley State University.