Public Gathering Space/Expressive Activity
The Carillon Tower and the Transformational Link are the two locations on Grand Valley State University’s Allendale campus that permit Expressive Activity. The term “Expressive Activity” includes:
- Meetings and other group activities of students and student organizations;
- Speeches, performances, demonstrations, rallies, vigils, and other events by students, student organizations, and outside groups invited by student organizations;
- Distributions of literature, such as leafleting and distributing pamphlets; and
- Any other expression protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Cook Carillon Tower
* There is no cost for Expressive Activity in our Public Gathering Spaces. The Cook Carillon Tower has 3 different locations that Expressive Activity may take place. The Transformation Link has 1 location that Expressive Activity may take place.
* Space may be reserved by contacting Event Services.
* A reservation for use of the space will take precedence over a spontaneous Expressive Activity.
* Expressive Activities must stay within 50 feet of each of these landmarks. For the Cook Carillon Tower, that is the outer edge of the circle of bricks. For the Transformational Link, that is to the inside edge of the octagon of bricks. Maps are provided on this page for reference.
* Reservations requests will be processed and granted on a first-come, first served basis.
* Expressive Activity must adhere to the rules set forth in the Grounds and Facility Usage Policy.