Ready to Apply!
The 2022 webinar recording to the right details the process of applying to medical, dental, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, and veterinary school. Topics included:
- Committee letters (for medical and dental applicants) and the Committee Letter Application process
- What to expect on the applications (i.e. transcript entry, personal statements, experiences, secondary apps, etc.)
- Timeline – from starting your application to interviews and offers
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 and this year's application cycle
Application Process Guides & Experience Trackers
- Chiropractic Application Process
- Dental Application Process
- Medicine - MD and DO Application Process
- Optometry Application Process
- Pharmacy Application Process
- Podiatry Application Process
- Veterinary Application Process
The Committee Letter Application will open March 1, 2022. As part of this year's application, students must complete a Self-Assessment and schedule an appointment with a premed advisor to review it.
Personal Statement ReviewIf you would like to have your personal statement reviewed by a preprofessional advisor, please follow the link to upload a draft. It is recommended that you have your statement reviewed by the Writing Center first. An advisor will respond with comments/suggestions approximately 1-2 weeks following the submission of your draft.
The CLAS Academic Advising Center has a 3-part Personal Statement Tutorial posted on the GVSU Pre-Professional Programs YouTube channel. Available under the Personal Statement playlist.