Who should use the CLAS Advising Center?
The CLAS Academic Advising Center serves students pursuing majors and/or minors in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, as well as exploratory/undecided advising. Our goal is to complement faculty advising with professional advising services and to serve students by:
- Providing initial academic advising through freshman and transfer orientation
- Assisting in the development of an achievable academic plan and course of selection
- Disseminating GVSU policies and procedures as they pertain to degree completion in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Offering a central location for students seeking information on pre-professional programs such as pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy studies and many other graduate programs
- Assisting students interested in attaining teacher certification through the undergraduate programs or the Graduate Teacher Certification program, as well as current teachers seeking an additional endorsement in a CLAS-related area
- Providing support for nontraditional students and students returning to GVSU after an absence