LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Who should use the CLAS Advising Center?
The CLAS Academic Advising Center serves students pursuing majors and/or minors in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences ( View CLAS majors. View CLAS minors). Our goal is to complement faculty advising with professional advising services and to serve students by:
1. Providing initial academic advising through freshman and transfer orientation
2. Assisting in the development of an achievable academic plan and course of selection
3. Disseminating GVSU policies and procedures as they pertain to degree completion in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
4. Offering a central location for students seeking information on pre-professional programs such as pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy studies and many other graduate programs
5. Assisting students interested in attaining teacher certification through the undergraduate programs or the Graduate Teacher Certification program, as well as current teachers seeking an additional endorsement in a CLAS-related area
6. Providing support for nontraditional students and students returning to GVSU after an absence